You may have noticed that I have more or less abandoned this blog. In fact, I had a hard time remembering my password. But the apologists for the shyster known as Tony Robbins have caused me to log back in again.
I know you think I don’t get it. But I was there. Were you? I know what I saw. This is what happened:
1. There was a woman who complained of feeling useless because she no longer a part of her profession. It was a profession that she loved.
2. At no point did she complain of having difficulties in her relationship with her husband or her children. She missed her job.
3. Mr. Robbins asked her if she was more masculine or more feminine. She responded: Masculine
4. Mr. Robbins forced her to change her answer. He made her answer feminine.
5. He then went on to give her a solution for a problem she didn’t have. Namely, that she was unhappy in her relationship because she wasn’t feminine enough. She never said this was her problem. He decided this was her problem.
Darlings, this is sexism per se. He decided she had these issues based on absolutely nothing but the fact that she was a) a women and b) wanted to work. Just like MOST WOMEN.
If this was a therapy session, it would have been malpractice. But because Mr. Robbins is a friend of Oprah, you lemmings think he is some sort of guru.
Open. Your. Eyes.